- The greyhound will be spayed or neutered by GPA/Tampa Bay before adoption.
- The greyhound must always have a collar specifically designed for greyhounds.
- The greyhound must be kept as an indoor pet.
- The greyhound must be kept as a family pet, be provided humane treatment and proper care.
- The greyhound's annual vaccinations must be kept up-to-date.
- The greyhound will not be raced or used for hunting.
- The adopter will notify GPA/Tampa Bay immediately if the greyhound is lost or stolen.
- The greyhound will not be used for research or be given or sold to a laboratory.
- The greyhound will wear identification tags at all times and must include the GPA/Tampa Bay tag along with any other tags.
- The greyhound will be returned to GPA/Tampa Bay if the adoptive family for any reason cannot keep the dog or the family does not work out for the greyhound. GPA/Tampa Bay will revert to sole ownership of the dog and be fully responsible for re-homing.
- The greyhound must not be tied or tethered to anything.
- The greyhound is to be leashed walked if an appropriate fenced yard is not available. We strongly advise against the use of retractable leads.
- The greyhound is never to be off lead unless in an enclosed area.
Greyhound Pets of America / Tampa Bay's ADOPTION MANUAL is available HERE
Ready for the next step?
Adoption Application: this page describes the responsibilities & costs associated with adoption and provides a link to the online application; you may opt to print a blank application that you can complete and mail to Greyhound Pets of America / Tampa Bay