|Home > Fostering||PO Box 8071•Madeira Beach, FL 33738•727-595-7852|
Make a Fast Friend - Adopt a Greyhound!
We always need foster homes. Won't you consider giving fostering a try?
GPA Foster Homes-URGENT Need! Emergency Or Temporary Foster Homes Desperately Needed!!!
Fostering means taking a retired racer into your home for a period of time until a permanent home can be found. When we receive Greyhounds from the track, we give them any medical care they need, their required vaccinations, a teeth cleaning and a bath. The next step is going into foster care, and that's where we need a great deal of help. Our entire program is based upon the foster home system, and our need is always high.
- To climb stairs
- To walk on tile or hardwood
- To walk appropriately on lead
- That mirrors and windows are solid
- Not to chase small animals
- That noises... such as TV and radio are Okay!
- Crate (if needed)
- Martingale collar and lead
- Harness (if needed)
- All medical care & vet care for the greyhound while in your home (must use our vets)
- All medications; Frontline, Advantage and heartworm meds
- You must bring the greyhound to one of the meet & greets to get the medication once a month
- When needed, the greyhound will need to be at the closest meet & greet to meet an applicant
- Follow the GPA foster home agreement which will be given at the time of placement